Friday, February 18, 2011

Goals

What kind of goals will we set?
I think that it is going to take some time to get into the swing of things with this blog. Some of you aren't used to posting or reading a blog regularly, and that is okay, but for this to work, we need to all be on board to participate. If only one person is setting goals and checking the blog, then that person isn't getting what they need in the way of accountability and such.
So, I would like to know what kind of a structure you want as far as goal setting. Of course, we don't have to be limited to a structure, anyone can set a new goal as they want to, but I think that having some kind of a time frame for goals is going to be important, to insure that people are coming here and using the blog as a resource and supporting one another.
What kind of a time frame are you interested in? I think that it's good to have both short and long term goals. Do we want weekly accountability? Monthly? We are all busy people but it only takes a few minutes to check in here and tell about our progress and check in on the progress of others. It's my personal opinion that we should be checking in here at least once a week. We might have a goal for the month if we don't want to have one just for the week, but I think that reporting our progress every week will be a big help.
Some ideas for goals to get you started.
Exercise for _______________ amount of time per week, or ________ times per week.
Dietary goals, whether that is eating only a certain amount of calories per day, or eating healthier in general, cutting back on meat consumption, or desserts etc. Drinking a certain amount of water per day. Giving up your favorite soda. Eating more fruits and veggies.
It can be as simple as keeping a food journal for a week to be aware of what you are putting into your body.
I think that we should be able to issue challenges to each other which others can choose to accept or not.
I'm going to start out with issuing a challenge to each of you to pick a goal (or more than one if you want) for next week and to post that goal either in the comments of this post, or in a new post.
I'll start:
I have a goal to start keeping track of what I eat next week in a food journal.
I also have a goal to not eat ice cream more than twice next week, and to keep the portions small when I do eat it.
How about the rest of you?

No comments: