Saturday, February 19, 2011

The blog looks awesome! My goal is to exercise at least 5 days this week and keep up on my food journal. With respect to long range goals, I want to get back to a weight where I feel good, like I can climb Saddle Mountain with no problems or could walk the hood to coast, and where I don't feel self conscious about what I'm wearing because of my weight. I know that I typically will only lose 1 to 2 lbs. a week, so I'm trying to keep things realistic and commit myself to the longterm. My pattern seems to be that I do great for the "10 week program" or whatever it is and then take a "break" that doesn't end when it's suppose to and it sets me back. So, I want to commit to a realistic timeframe that is doable for my goal with the same energy I would the "10 week program" and add time to it where I can find a balance that is doable for maintaining. So much of it really is a mind game for me. And for the short term goals I like making a goal each week that we are accountable for. I think checking in once a week is doable for me. I know I would not have time to check every day. Maybe we could come up with rewards for ourselves along the way. Something like if most of us keep our goals for one month we get to have a girls night out, pick something fun for the month to work towards. Just an idea. But something, so it doesn't always feel like drudgery.

3 comments:

Heffalump said...

I think once a week minimum is good for checking in here. I will be checking in more often, and reading up on people's goals and responding and such. Blogging is one of my mental outlets though, so it isn't going to be too difficult for me to do that.
So what is your goal for the first week?
I think rewarding ourselves is a good idea. I don't want it to become a competition, but I think we need to have something to look forward to every so often.

Jenna and Jared said...

My goal for the first week is to exercise 5x's and keep a food journal. And, I agree that we don't need it to be a competition. But maybe it's as simple as a reward for everyone who is sticking with it. Not related to if we've met our goals exactly but just that we're still involved and trying. A learn to zumba night, ha ha! Or a cooking lesson, etc. But then again, maybe that's too much and we stick with treating ourselves to a goodie!

Ryan and Brandy said...

I like a reward. It makes me feel better to know that I am going to have that ice cream at the end of the week. Or that I am going to go out.