Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I really need to work on the exercise portion of my goals.

First a report on last week. For the most part, I went back and forth between losing and gaining a pound or two. I weigh myself the same time of the day, before I eat my breakfast. The weight has been gradually inching it's way down, with jumps back up here and there, so I did manage to lose a couple more pounds last week.

For this week, my goals have remained the same as last week. Continue to do my food journal, ice cream only twice a week, and small portions, and exercising. I think that I am going to add in an exercise journal. I have not been doing major workouts or anything, but writing down the small things in my notebook is going to help me be more aware, and help me to choose to exercise more, even if it's just to put on some music and dance around the kitchen while I make dinner.

I have to admit that I can't wait for spring to be here! If given a choice, I prefer to walk and hike for exercise, and the rain sure puts a damper on that!

How are all of your goals going?
I am happy to be progressing, but I have to say that this isn't as easy as it started out. It's a daily struggle for me not to just go wild and eat everything remotely resembling chocolate. Keeping track of portions and calories is a big hassle, but it's really what I have to be doing. I am amazed at the amount of calories I used to be eating, even when I might have thought I was being fairly good at the time.

No comments: